Specific project objectives are:
1. Analysis of current European requirements for higher education in nursing and analysis of curricula in Western Balkan Nursing schools;
2. Design of a new nursing educational frame, which will be in line with Bologna declaration and will be in harmony with European standards including full implementation of European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) into new curriculum;
3. Retraining of teaching staff and capacity building of institutions in the WB region;
4. Selection of the best students for pilot course from partner countries and prepare them for training;
5. Implementation of the pilot phase of the training in accordance with new curriculum;
6. Outline the proposal for new legislation, to correspond to new competence based curriculum in nursing education and establishment of trans-European network of excellent nursing educational institutes;
7. Evaluation and accreditation of new program and publishing the results of new educational approach in view of sustainability of project.
The benefit of this project is multiple for all involved in health system: University structures, students, teaching and administrative staff, ministries of education, employers, governments of cantons, Federation, RS and Council of Ministers.But the final benefit is of course increasing employment chances for future nursing graduates.